Sometimes half of the struggle of maintenance around the home is figuring out what projects to tackle in the winter. Below, you’ll find a list of indoor cleaning projects. Consider it a checklist of suggestions, and reading this list may trigger other project ideas. At the very least, here’s a good start:
- Clean the attic and basement. Give away or throw away unwanted items or clothing.
- Wash Windows and repair screens.
- Shampoo carpets and rugs.
- Vacuum dusty drapes and window treatments; send dirtier drapes to the cleaner.
- Defrost the freezer and take a duster to the refrigerator coils.
- Clean out the office and throw away any old files.
- Steam clean upholstery.
- Wash windowsills, doors and walls.
- Clean your ceiling fans. If necessary, wipe them down with a cleaning solution.
- Scrub the oven.
- Clean out the refrigerator and wipe it clean.
- Dust the entire house, but pay close attention to the ceilings, corners and under furniture.
- Inspect the kitchen exhaust fan. Remove grease and grime if there’s buildup.
Find all of your household cleaning needs at your local Hardware Hank! Shop local and help grow your community.