Hank wants to give you some ideas as far as interior maintenance projects to complete before spring. When the warm weather arrives, you may want to turn your attention to sprucing up the outside of your home. So, in February, tie up those last minute indoor projects and clear your plate for the spring.
- Reseal grout on tile floors.
- Tighten garbage disposal drain, connections and fasteners.
- Inspect the chimney (if you have one). Clean if necessary, but also perform maintenance to it if things need to be replaced.
- Check caulking around tubs, showers, and sinks; replace if falling apart.
- Change furnace filters.
- Replenish first-aid and emergency kits.
- Check batteries in flashlights and other emergency devices.
- Grease door hinges and hardware.
- Replace any old or broken light fixtures.
- Re-paint walls or touch-up problem areas in your rooms.
This list may trigger other things you need to complete before spring, but it’ll at least give you a start. Stop into your local Hardware Hank and save.